Monday, May 7, 2012

Can I upgrade my processor/ video card on my laptop?

Ok so I want some computer games to run decently on my laptop, I have 2gb of ram, but I have an AMD processor( not sure which one) but I would much rather have dual core. Also I don't think my video card is very good but is there a way I could by better ones and put them in it?My laptop is a HP dv2000|||You can't.



Your motherboard might not support the new hardware. Furthermore, those components are soldered into the motherboard meaning you would have to replace pretty much almost the whole of the inside of your laptop or be pretty handy with molten metal to get the upgrades you want.



The GPU upgrade is not possible, but on some laptops, upgrading the CPU is possible. Check to see if you can do so in your Manual|||on a few high-end laptops could have an upgradable processor but there is no way to upgrade a graphic card on a laptop.



The most you can upgrade is the ram and networking connections.



If you know how to take apart a laptop, possibly the hard drive and optical drive too.|||You can upgrade your processor, but you can't do that with your video card. I think you have a AMD Turion processor. Take a look at this page, I'm sure you will find a processor for your laptop:



http://www.ebay.com|||Yes. But you should have a little skill in hardware already.

These will show you how.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD6WDt-goiU



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGFI9dQu7Po&annotation_id=annotation_185684&feature=iv|||The only component that you can upgrade is the hard drive and ram(i think)

Most of the new HP laptops are very cheap now and have dual core amdx2turions(but come preinstalled with vista:( ) . They go for about 500-700|||Probably not, Dual core and single core use 2 different socket types,

462 for single and AM2 for dual, and the video card is almost always integrated (it cant be removed)|||maybe this review of the laptop can help you out...|||you can update your processors but that may not work...... the same thing happened to me i updated them but my vidoe card still was not good enough.|||No



Laptop video cards or processors aren't replaceable, except maybe by a skilled technician|||No the only thing that will be able to change is ram or the dvd drive|||No, can't be done

No comments:

Post a Comment