Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What do I use to reattach a glued heatsink to a video card?

I had a heat sink fall off of a video card because of defective glue. What can I use to reattach it that will not melt and provide the cooling that I need..:)|||I assume you're talking about a heatsink with no clip-on. That would require something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…|||find new heatsink glue and re-glue it|||it's not glued it's heatsink conductive paste like your main chip use a TINY amount only and clip it back|||That glue was probably thermal paste. Provided this heatsink is a small one, a dab of this paste and a firm but not hard push and a few hours to settle will secure the heatsink to the chip. If it has mounting holes for a normal HSF and mounting, you may want to use that for it's better cooling ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment