Thursday, April 26, 2012

What size video card will I need?

What size video card will I need to power 2 28" screens with a resolution of 1920 x 1200 each? I intend to use them for business (website viewing, some flash content, MS Office...etc.) and Not FPS gaming. I don't want to spend more than I need to. Will I be able to accomplish this with a 256MB card or will I need a 512MB card?|||You definitely want the 512mb card....1gb would be better...|||2 28" screens? Whaw. No, you will need something descent for sure. Integrated graphics shall not work with this, no no no. If you just using for business go to computer store and ask them about workstation graphics cards.



Now, TBH, im an avid gamer and I build my own computers, and although you will not be doing any gaming, some gaming cards out there are cheaper than the business graphics cards and will perform great. Heres a one that could work out fine as heeeeeeellll for you.



A single 9800 gt should be fantastic for work on dual monitors.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133304



I know its more of a gaming card, but it will do great with 2 monitors of that res. High res needs powerful card, and this one might even be able to play a game or two with those two monitors, if you feel so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment