Monday, April 23, 2012

What is the best Video Graphics Card for a 300W Power Suppy?

I wondering if I remain with my originally 300W Power Supply, can I still a decent Graphics Card? Can anyone tell me which card is best!!!|||One of my older machines is a Pentium-4 Cedar Mill system on an Intel D945 motherboard, with a 8600GT vid card, using a Seasonic Super Tornado 300W power supply.



The 8600GT vid card has a maximum power draw of 50 watts (which is nothing compared to some monster cards like the 9800GTX with a maximum draw of 160W). A 300W PSU should have no problems at all with this card, assuming the rest of your system is typical (a mainstream dual-core CPU and 1-2 HDD).



It should run those games you mentioned previously really well (Sims 1 and 2, Age of Empires III, Civ 4, etc.).



If you really want to push that 300W PSU, you might want to give the 9600GT a try. It's a 65-nanometer GPU that draws 95 watts max. Might be testing the upper limits of that 300W PSU, but should work if the rest of your system is typical.



Good luck!|||The best for that would be something like a 8500 GT.

I wold highly recommend a more powerful power supply if you plan on a video card upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment