Thursday, April 26, 2012

Video card upgrade and how too?

Hello,



I am using an ASUS M4A77D motherboard right now, and I'm using a really old video card. I am on a budget, so I was looking and the ATI Radeon HD5770 looked good for its price. My motherboard has a PCLe2.0x16 slot. Also, could you run me though the steps of upgrading? I'm not too tech savvy.|||Well first, can you give us your specs, such as:

1. Processor

2. RAM

3. PSU + Model Number



For the last one, you're going to have to check my opening up your PC. While you open it up, also take a ruler or something and measure the amount of space you have for your graphics card. Find the longest PCIEx16 slot and measure from the backplate (case) through the slot until you meet the dead end. This'll make sure your new GPU will actually fit.



I won't provide you the steps of upgrading until I have the above information is given (no offence of anything, I don't wont to type a whole tutorial for no one to use). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment