Thursday, April 26, 2012

Should I buy a better Video Card?

Currently I have a Nvidia Geforce 6150 Video Card. For you all that know steam and the games such as Team Fortress 2 and Counter Strike source, I have lagging problems in the games. Should I buy a better Video Card? Will it fix my problem? Is my Video Card and old version? What do you recommend for me to buy? My RAM and processor and hard drive space etc. is all fine. It's just that I'm unsure of my Video Card.|||yeah its your video card, as for which one its hard to say without knowing if you have a PCI-E slot or if your using an AGP still plus your price range. for those games a series 8 or better nvidia card will fix the problem|||I played CS:S on a 6100 (the next step down) with no lag problems at all, but everything else in my PC was bleeding high end. It depends on what is causing your lag. The first thing I recommend is updating your drives to the newest version. Sometimes this fixes little bugs that cause stuttering and lag while rendering in 3D.



RAM may also be an issue. If your RAM is filling up, the PC has to write cache to the hard drive, which is WAY slower and will also cause stuttering and lag.



Processor speed is probably the biggest issue for you. The 6150 is integrated into the motherboard which means that your processor and RAM do all of the work for it (rather than the video card doing it.) You could free up the processor speed AND the RAM buy getting a better video card which will be the biggest help.



Your internet connection could be the other source of lag. This would suck because you can't really do much about it except change ISP. If that is the cause then no amount of hardware will help.



If you feel that your internet connection is not the problem, I definitely recommend a video card upgrade. Freeing up the RAM and CPU cycles will be an immense improvement. Even a low end video card will make your PC run faster and smoother in every way.



Good luck and happy fragging!!

No comments:

Post a Comment