Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Will my motherboard support a PCIe video card?

I've got a A7VBX-LA motherboard from HP Compaq, AMD Athlon 2800+ 2.07Ghz, and I was told i need to find out if my motherboard will support a PCIe Video card (ATI X1300 256MB Video Card).



I have no idea what i just said right there, but i'm hoping someone does. and if anyone knows the answer they're more of a genius than i could have possibly imagined. Any help?|||No, unfortunately that is an older A7 board which from the suffix it tells me that it was probably an HP motherboard originally.



You would be lucky if it even had AGP. The good news is that it is easy to identify. It would be about the same size as the White slots on the motherboard, but it would be a different color, it would be offset away from the back and it would be closer to the processor.



You can get the ATI x1300 in AGP as well as PCI-e.

No comments:

Post a Comment