Monday, May 7, 2012

I have a VGA graphic adapter can I update this video card?

I installed windows 7 to my vaio computer wich has a VGA graphic adapter, I also change the monitor for one that uses high resolution images. I have set up the resolution to highest but stil don't have a great resolution. Someone told me I need to change the graphic video card but I'm not sure i can install one that can handle it just because my computer is 5 years old....|||You have a laptop. You CANNOT change the graphics in it to begin with. There is NO card in it. The GPU is on the motherboard. Did you install the windows 7 driver? If not, download it from the Sony website support area.|||Make sure Win7 found your current video card. Start>type in Device Manager and make sure your specific video card is listed under Display Adapters and there are no yellow marks indicating that you don't yet have the drivers.



If the drivers are already installed then you have to get a new card if you want further improvement. If not installed get from the manufacturer's website or you can let Windows update get them but you have to run custom update and check the optional hardware updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment