Sunday, May 6, 2012

Whats the best video card for a 300watt power supply?

I have a dell 510..win Xp..1 gig ram...pent dual core..power supply 305 watts..19in LCD..(junky radeon x300 128mb card)



I wanted a new video card like radeon x1950 pro but i need a new power supply and who knows what else? That card is around $200 which is my budget but then i'd have to get a new power supply.

Should i wait till i get a new computer so i can get a card with directX 10?? Get a power supply and cheaper card? Or WHATS the BEST card for a 300 watt power supply??|||Power supplies in the 400-500w range are not very expensive. But, I don't recommend getting any 'cheapy' budget PSU as they tend to drift farther from the +/-5 +/-12v rail - which can cause your components to crash prematurely.



You have not mentioned what type of interface you have (AGP, PCI-E).|||Get like a 1650 pro uses only 75 watts at full power. Unless you want to upgrade power supply too|||If i was you, I'd wait a month and save up for a new PS and graphics card. Then I'd install it myself so I didn't get ripped off by the people or best buy or where ever your buying it from. A 300 Watt PS is pretty weak for gaming. If you want to build a "gaming" PC you need at least a 450 watt PS, but I'd recommend a 550 watt.|||You need to buy a good power supply. I'm not sure if the one in the dell will be normal size, you would have to check. You could sell the computer and use the money to buy a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment