Monday, April 23, 2012

If i buy one SLI video card can i add a second at a later date?

I am worried that maybe one card is a master card and the other a slave. In that case do i have to buy 2 different cards? I am new to the SLI technology. I was thinking to buy say one 7800 GT than add another at a later date when the price goes down and my need for more power goes up. Is this possible?|||Yes, all the SLI boards I have seen have a switch for turn SLI mode on and off.



Also you do have to use identical cards. So make sure when you buy the second card it is the same as the first. For example, MSI and Chaintech might both make the 7800 card, but you need to make sure they are from the same manufacturer (e.g. MSI or Chaintech ...), not one of each.|||If you have a motherboard that supports SLI, yes. You'll want to consider that if you're currently shopping for a PC, or upgrading your PC to provide SLI support.

No comments:

Post a Comment