Monday, April 23, 2012

What video card should i get?

I don't know much about the technical side of computers, but I have a 6-7 year old dell pc, and i want to play diablo 3, how much would a sufficient video card cost, and how much to install it?|||If your PC is that old it is probably best to get a whole new PC. The motherboard probably wouldn't be compatible with any new graphics cards, and even if it was, the other hardware (CPU, RAM) would be worse than the upgraded graphics card, so would bottleneck it so it doesn't perform to its maximum potential.



My advice: Buy a new PC.|||I'm not going to name any specific video card, but the best advice I can give you is to find one new or used one ebay. If you buy one from a retail store you are literally going to pay like 4x more than you have to. Trust me on that.



Video cards are a dime a dozen on ebay.|||You may have an AGP slot. if it so determine the version of the slot.It may be 2x,4x,8x using the manufacturer's manual or their website.The only good AGP card you can get now is Nvidia Geforce 6200.You can get this for Rs.2000 from any computer hardware retailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment